If nursing assessment skills like heart sounds, lung sounds, auscultation, GCS, and Respiratory assessment part of your role? The ECT4Health Fundamental Nursing Assessment Skills Seminar focuses on refreshing nurses with fundamental physiology, of different systems, and how to perform specific focused assessments of patients. All nurses need to stay sharp with their assessment skills. In this course Rob takes you to the cellular level to fully understand deterioration, normal and pathophysiology. you will really understand those lung sounds, heart sounds. You assessment of shortness of breath and chest pain will be the envy of the ward.
Ask yourself – Can my skills be improved upon? Have you ever asked a desaturated patient to take a few deep breaths, just so the O2 sats probe reads a number you want to write down? Have you ever struggled to understand pre and afterload, and all the cardiac and respiratory jargon?
This seminar journeys the learner through a thorough process of understanding normal physiology to the pathology behind deterioration. Well this course is for you. It might just be the best seminar you attend all year.
- Setting the scene – Basic physiology overview
- Look , Listen, Feel. Knowing your tools and documentation
- Respiratory assessment – Shortness of breath
- Respiratory toys –Stethoscope, breath sounds, oximeter and spirometry
- Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology – Understanding output
- Cardiac Assessment – Physical examination, pulse, skin indicators and JVP
- Heart sounds – S1 and S2 sounds and the abnormal
- Assessing Chest Pain
- Causes of ALOC Understanding Intracranial pressure and assessing GCS
ENROL NOW for Fundamental Nursing Assessment Skills Seminar