The ECT4Health Suturing for Health Professionals workshop is ideal for nurses, doctors and students wishing to learn or refresh the suturing techniques for closure of lacerations. These suturing courses also includes refining the infiltration technique using local anaesthetic, understanding the latest scar management evidence and is ideal for rural and remote nurses, junior medical staff and medical practice nurses wishing to include suturing into their scope.
- Take home suture kit including CD ROM learning tool
- Practice and guidance with knot tying, needle casting and suture product selection
- Assessment of technique
- Skin adhesive discussion
- Small groups of 6 – 10 max
- All streams are endorsed by USQ nursing faculty and offer **RPL directly for the suturing skill set in the program to which suturing is relevant.
Workshop practice use a pig trotter model to demonstrate and practice local anaesthetic infiltration.
This information is provided for potential participants to be aware of.
There is a vegan/anti-animal exploitation/Islam/Jewish option available.
ENROL NOW for Suturing for Health Professionals Workshop
Prefer a self directed product? – Suturing Self directed course kit
Our suture kits are supplied for workshop participants however can also be purchased separately.
LOOKING TO MASTER YOUR SUTURING SKILLS?
PRACTISE A HUGE VARIETY OF TECHNIQUES WITH OUR “SELF-DRIVE KIT”.
- Closing post skin lesion
- Ensure all closures are the right type for each wound
- Not all knots are the same. Learn the difference between different knots and practise like a true expert.
- Best-in-class materials, teaching and demos for you to better your skills.
Offering an exceptional suturing experience, this kit is perfect for learning outcomes and training.
Having previously been so inspired by these kits, we now ensure they are readily available through each face to face workshop. As a self-paced and independent learning tool, you can use this kit to refer back to best practices and techniques. There is zero mess, hassle and can be done in your own time.
This kit was designed by The Apprentice Doctor, as formulated by Dr Anton Scheepers. It features:
- Quality needles, suturing tools and suture threads
- Simulated skin that allows you hours of practise
- Plenty of high quality and examples utilising high-quality video demos so you can learn efficiently.
- and much more
Cost is $125 + P&H . Click here to – ORDER SUTURE KIT