Are you in the final year of your Bachelor of Nursing, or recently qualified as a Registered Nurse, and need some guidance about what to expect when you start your nursing career? Are you worried about how you are going to put the knowledge and skills you have gained into practice? Which are the important areas you really need to focus on? How can you be better prepared for the journey ahead? Then this is the course for you! Here is a course designed to welcome you into the nursing profession!
- Cardiac review – brief overview, including ECG’s (rate and rhythm), ischaemia, infarction and interventional cardiology
- Respiratory review – brief overview, including COPD, asthma and O2 administration
- Patient assessment – Head to toe examination
- Clinical handover
- Medication safety and administration
- Medication errors
- Team work, delegation, decision making and prioritization